I'm a nester, and I love my house, but...that said, there are always jobs that need to be done. Here are a few I've taken care of so far this weekend.
1. I had the front door fixed, finally. The front door of my house is huge: 4' wide, 7' tall, almost 3" thick. It was getting harder and harder to close, and I wasn't sure why. It turned out it was because it was sagging on the top two hinges. The problem was solved by replacing the 3 1/2" screws with 4 1/2" screws. The door now shuts better than it has in the entire 25 years I've lived here.
2. I had the genie on the garage door fixed. The capacitor needed to be replaced, and the limits reset. It now works beautifully.
3. I restained the front deck, first coat anyway. It looks like it's going to require a second coat.
4. I bought some more coneflowers (echinacea) and some black-eyed susans, and planted them in one of the flower beds in front.
5. I bought some more skullcap plants (scutelleria suffrutescens) for the west side of the house. This is a wonderful perennial that's hard to find. I recommend it to anyone who claims they don't have a green thumb, because the more you abuse it, the more it thrives.
6. I began cleaning out the flower beds on the back of the house, where I intend to plant more coneflowers and black eyed susans.