Tuesday, October 20, 2020

You Gotta Love Frozen Peas

Yay! The bandage is off, and to my great relief, my eye is not stitched shut, so I can see out of both eyes again. Depth perception is BACK!

 

The dark long line beneath my eye in the pic is surgical thread, which appears to be anchoring the tiny stitches in the graft, which was taken from the outside edge of my eye. I feel much better now, but at about 3 AM this morning, with my face hurting quite a bit, I decided to open the Swiss Eye Masks and attempt to get some relief by cooling my eye through the bandage. First of all, I've gotta say, whoever thought that printing the instructions for a mask to be used after eye surgery in pale grey ink in a tiny font on a shiny white background should be fired. When I finally got one of the mask packets open and picked it up to put it on over the bandage, I realized why I was told I could "just use a bag of frozen peas" instead. The masks are SLIMY and totally disgusting, to the point that I'll pass on using them.

 

I like peas, but in a lifetime of eating peas, I've never been so happy to see a bag of frozen peas in my freezer at 3 AM as I was last night. The bag of frozen peas inside a clean wash cloth provided some instant relief from the pain, even through the bandage, so that's what I'll be using to ice my eye for the next two weeks.
 

1 comment:

pam said...

Frozen Peas for the WIN!