Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Few Questions For You

What's your favorite word? Generativity - according to Erik Erickson, this is the ability to look outside oneself and care for others, to do things that satisfy our "need to be needed"
What's your least favorite word? Paradigm - ugh, this word brings back bad memories of grad school, during which I looked in my closet one day and realized I no longer owned any item of clothing that wasn't black or navy blue (what does that say about my state-of-mind at that time?). I remember interchangeable professors droning on and on, endlessly: "Blah-blah-blah PARADIGM blah-blah-blah..."
What turns you on?
Intelligence & humor - an unbeatable combination, IMHO.
What turns you off? I'll quote Crosby, Stills & Nash, who wrote these lyrics to Suite Judy Blue Eyes a couple of light years ago: "...fear is the lock...and laughter the key...to your heart..." This week there was a news story that there's now scientific evidence to support this idea: New research indicates the parts of the brain that govern fear and anxiety are switched off when a woman is having an orgasm, but remain active if she is faking. In the first study to map brain function during orgasm, scientists from the Netherlands...found that as a woman climaxes, an area of the brain governing emotional control is largely deactivated...Deactivation was visible in the amygdala, a part of the brain thought to be involved in the neurobiology of fear and anxiety." (Quoted from a story by Emma Ross, AP Medical Writer)
What sound or noise do you love? I love the soft sort of rif-rif-rif sound made by palm fronds moving in a breeze.
What sound or noise do you hate?
I always hate the sound of bad music blaring out of tinny speakers at restaurants, but I especially hate it when it interferes with my hearing the soft sort of rif-rif-rif sound made by palm fronds moving in a breeze.
What's your favorite curse word? My mom (whom I never heard swear) would be VERY upset about this, but I have to admit it's...hands-down, the f-word: FUCK!!!
What profession other than yours would you most like to attempt? Singer - I love to sing, although it's only fair to admit that I'm always encouraged not to.
What profession other than yours would you least like to attempt? Accountant - what's up with working with numbers all day? To me, this would be like watching paint dry.
If heaven exists, what would you most like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You made it!

No comments: