Sunday, February 12, 2006

February sunset by the creek

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.
John Muir

It's cold in Dallas right now, with temperatures in the 20's expected for tonight and the next couple of nights. That means the pool motor is running and I've covered various pots of plants, too big to move, with old towels. A small pot of chives and over half a dozen various sized pots of pansies in full bloom that are normally on my patio and outside my front door are currently sitting in my front hall and kitchen to keep them from freezing.

We haven't had much cold weather in Dallas this year, so tonight I decided to go out in it and enjoy it a bit. I pulled on a cap and gloves and oversized sweater, and at the last minute I grabbed my digital camera, and I'm glad I did. There's a creek near my house, and tonight I left the sidewalks of my neighborhood and walked down along it for a bit. Like John Muir, I decided to wait for sundown, and I was rewarded with some great shots, including this one.

4 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm a sunrise/sunset freak, especially with water! Beautiful shot! We have had 70's here and I'm having to sit on dave to not plant yet :)

Love,
Tammy

Lisa :-] said...

Very pretty! We're finally seeing the sun around here after six weeks of rain. We had a gorgeous sunrise yesterday, but I was too lazy to get out of bed and take pictures...

emmapeelDallas said...

I know the feeling. You'll note that all my pics are of sunSETS...and that's no accident!

:)

Judi

TJ said...

I just returned from checking out your flicker photos. You really got some great shots in there. Here I sit cup of tea, box of puffs feeling like I am missing out on such wonderful things...thank you for sharing those pics! I loved each and everyone..so glad to see people having creative fun! Wished I had been there...( dressed with camera)