Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I am hereby summoned...


So I have jury duty tomorrow morning (hmmmmm, make that THIS morning), and what with not having to drive to Fort Worth plus having already logged 23½ hours at work on Monday and Tuesday of this week, I feel as if I’m going on vacation. I doubt whether I’ll be picked, although I’ve served on the occasional jury here and there, including a stint on a Dallas County Grand Jury a few years ago: 3 half days each week for 3 months. That was an interesting experience, and I like to think we did some good. I absolutely believe in jury duty, and the moreso when it’s likely to mean I’ll be home before 5:00 without having driven a little over a hundred miles (yep, that’s me, whining about my commute).

2 comments:

Jan said...

So glad you were looking forward to being called to a jury--Let us know what happened! Were you selected or not?

dreaminglily said...

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being happy they've been called for jury duty lol

~Lily