Saturday, November 24, 2007

What I Did Today

1. I got up late, and then picked up Anthony and drove to Mia’s, where we had lunch (brisket tacos for me with flour and corn tortillas) with Mike, Katharine and Xander.
2. I spent a luxurious afternoon talking with Mike, home for Thanksgiving from his junior year at UA. It’s a dreary, wet, cold grey day, but we were quite cozy in the living room, each of us curled up on one of the two brown velour slipcovered couches, facing each other, all comfortable with pillows and throws and a fire in the fireplace.
3. I moved more of my landscaping bricks from the backyard to the patio in preparation for having the pool removed next week.
4. I spent a frustrating 45 minutes, with Mike, unsuccessfully trying to access two programs on my work-issued laptop that I must be able to access to work from home.
5. I paid various bills and filed the paperwork in the appropriate binders.
6. I read more of Russell Martin’s fascinating book, Beethoven’s Hair.
7. I spent some time playing the vocabulary game at Free Rice. If you haven't visited this site, check it out. It's a neat way to increase your vocabulary and do some good at the same time. You'll see a word with four possible definitions; for every word you get right, an international aid agency donates 10 grains of rice to the hungry. Sound too good to be true? Snopes says it's legitimate. The highest vocabulary level is 50; so far, the highest level I've reached is 46.

2 comments:

Theresa Williams said...

Isn't all this sleeping in such a luxury? It's back to work next week: *sigh*

emmapeelDallas said...

I know. I'm sitting here reading your comment, bleary-eyed at 5:15, up to take Mike to the airport...