Monday, April 14, 2008

What I Did Today - Monday, 14 April 2008

So I had a great talk with my baby brother (Dave) as I drove home, and I kept driving, straight to Central Market, where I bought...black bean salad; penne with mozzarella; pineapple ginger salsa; lemon garlic grilled chicken breasts; dilled carrots; dolmas; Bulgarian yogurt; Greek yogurt (Fage); cheeses (Comte, creamy Gorgonzola and Swiss); fresh pineapple and honeydew; rice pudding; a pot de creme; a dark chocolate bar with cinnamon; a chipotle dark chocolate bar; a red chili/curry dark chocolate bar; and a dark chocolate/hazelnut bar; Pear Ale and, having spent well over $40 on that fabulous cache of groceries, I got a filet mignon for $1.38 (having a $10 off coupon).

Mmmmmmmmmm...I'm going to have dinner and watch Wuthering Heights, the 1939 version...

5 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

You must have bought very small amounts of all these things to get away only $40 poorer. I went to the grocery store Sunday and bought basically three small bags of nothing, and it cost me over $100. Talk about sticker shock...

Tammy Brierly said...

Very interesting combos that sound very tasty. Most of it I'd never heard of. ;) The filet mignon was a true bargain! XXOO

Fran said...

Well, now I'm hungry!

Fran

Chris said...

We hand trim our filets from beef tenderloin for a savings of $10 a lb. Butler & Bailey sells them for 19.99 lb and whole tenderloins are 9.99 lb.

My favorite place is Fresh Market. Your post made me jones for a trip there.....my wallet is crying "NOooooooooo!"

Erin Berger Guendelsberger said...

So many of your posts make me want to come & eat at your house!!