Monday, August 06, 2007

This 'n that...

Soooooooooo...I’m busy at work, busy at home, including shopping for a new mortgage, which is hardly my idea of fun...

Last year at this time, I'd just returned from a road trip to Colorado, where I took the pic on the left on a hike one afternoon. I wish I were in Colorado right now, that I could walk outside and it'd be cool, with a zillion stars overhead...but I'm in Texas, where Mother Nature has finally remembered what summer means...and yet, I drove home tonight with the top down, and the heat felt good as the sun sank low in the sky, and there were cicadas in the trees as I walked into my house...it's not all bad...

4 comments:

TJ said...

How I wish I had a top to let down....it would just be that one thing to make the summers night PERFECT!
Good luck on the morgage..if you was here i would ask ya to give my one son a chance at it..{{{laughing}}}
A big hello...
TJ

Chris said...

Cicadas rock. Can you catch one? They are very tricky buggers, but they are so neat to look at close up with their bulbous eyes and intimidating patterns. Sigh...excuse me, I was just reliving my childhood.

emmapeelDallas said...

Oh no, I agree with you. They are quite beautiful to me, both the sounds they make and the way they look...though I know they're not everyone's cup of tea...

Terroni said...

It sounds not at all bad.
Beautiful.