Saturday, August 09, 2008

family stuff...my little (or not so little anymore) chickadees...
























Kath is here (well, not here in my house, but here in Dallas). She's hard at work, as usual. She deserves a long vacation to someplace wonderful, and one of these days I hope to hear she's planning to do exactly that. In the meantime...Alex and Chris are just back from Italy, where they spent almost a month. I enjoyed hearing about their trip in a long, wonderful phone call with Alex this evening. Then Chris (my Chris) came over to pack for his trip to Arizona tomorrow. Yes, he could have packed at his apartment, but he hung out with me and we spent a couple of hours talking about everything from camping to religion to PETA. I'm driving him to the airport early in the morning, and he'll fly to Tucson where he'll meet Mike and Brooke and they'll head out for a week of camping and hiking in Havasupai. Mike and Brooke did this trip last year (the pic here is from that trip), and Chris was so impressed with the pics and stories that he decided to join them this year. I'm so happy that they're doing this! And I'm especially happy because on Wednesday, the 13th, Mike and Chris will turn 23, and they'll be together to celebrate their birthday. I can't believe they're turning 23! And I am SO happy that they'll get to be together for it.

1 comment:

sevnetus said...

Sounds like you've handled a lot of responsibility in bringing more life into the world. I am thankful for what my parents did for me, and the next generation has not happened.