Monday, August 25, 2008

reprieve...

So I went back to the ophthalmologist today for more vision tests and a thorough, in-depth exam of my eyes, and...woo hoo! for now I'm in a sort of holding pattern. My left optic nerve is definitely quite a bit bigger than the one on the right, and I didn't do as well on the visual field tests on the left as I did on the right, but...hold your breath (I was definitely holding mine)...the overall results were good enough that for now, I don't have to do anything differently. No glaucoma eyedrops yet, hallelujah! Just close monitoring every six months to chart any changes. Eventually there will, of course, be changes...but for now, things are OK, and I'm happy about that.

7 comments:

pam said...

Whew! THAT is good news.

Jan said...

What good news! I'm so glad.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Glad you got good news. Hopefully, it will be a long time before there is any major change.
I was doing my final checkout...dustbunnyprotector answered and was the wrong Donna. The person in the picture I recognized as a perfect likeness was right behind you, I believe Judith, who I guess has a twin sister, Julie. Apparently, no Donna there!? Looks like I was barking up the wrong tree. Thanks again. I'm gone. Barry

Fran said...

Sounds like good news to me!

Lisa :-] said...

I'm sure it was a great load off your mind. Keep an eye on it though... er...whatever.

TJ said...

No glaucoma drops is encouraging.
This aging maintence fills me with anxiety. It just seems there is so much to consider these days.
My eyes would be one of the last things I would hope to struggle with. I do the glasses and complain as I search, often they are on the top of my head! Not looking forward to all these changes...thank God for modern medicine to slow down our aging process.
Good news you got...I am smiling.
Have a great day.
Love TJ

Anonymous said...

I am happy about that too! I hope you continue to get that very same news.
Melissa
Lissamom2