Monday, December 01, 2008

Monday Photo Shoot #14: Autumn Sunsets









Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot#14: AUTUMN SUNSETS.

For a number of reasons, work is exceptionally mind-numbing and depressing right now, so I was really happy to find something creative to do to free up my mind a bit. The theme of Carly's Monday Photo Shoot this week is Autumn Sunsets, and I shot this pic of the sun setting over the creek that runs through my neighborhood. Looking at the sun setting on the water in this photo makes me feel good. If you want to play too, click HERE:

reflections in the water IMG_3557

12 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Lovely photo. Almost as good as the food you made for Turkey Day.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, this is really cool. I like that you went with the reflection rather than the normal sky shot. That makes things stand out from the crowd...well done!

Greg

Carly said...

Hi Judi :)

WOW! It could be an autumn Impressionist painting. I could see this one put to canvas. :)

Always, Carly

Chris said...

That is a phenomenal shot, J. If you have it in high enough resolution, you should have it blown up and framed.

Jan said...

What a great photograph. You are talented. Was it difficult to take?

Terri said...

That is gorgeous. I want to be there.

emmapeelDallas said...

Wow, thanks for all the great comments! You guys made my day!

:)

Tammy Brierly said...

That's gorgeous Judi! We are not having great sunsets, but I'm still watching for one. HUGS

Suzanne R said...

How gorgeous -- you did beautiful work getting that effect on the water. Very clever of you!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Judi, Glad you joined us again! It is a beautiful photo, and a refection too! Hope you have a better week this week! :)

Liz said...

Simply glorious.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, wow. The orange sunset is great, but what really makes this is the complex, distorted pattern of the reflected trees in the water. Outstanding!