Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year in Review - 2008

I first did this last year, and it’s a good way to summarize the year, so I’m doing it again this year. These are the first sentences of the first post I did for each month in 2008. In 2007, my overall theme was clearly work and remodeling. In 2008 it was more work and politics. Here’s hoping 2009 brings better topics!


January - I can't believe it's 2008.

February - I went to Home Depot looking for a new light for the guest bath shower.

March - I went to work - of course.

April - Driving home tonight, listening to NPR, I heard a great story about a guy named Lance Allred, a 27 year old guy who's been trying to get into the NBA.

May – Yesterday afternoon, I drove to Louisiana to celebrate my brother and sister-in-law's 50th wedding anniversary with them.

June - Well, shoot.

July - So Saturday evening I bit the bullet and bought a new car.

August Lisa has written an excellent post on the pros and cons of religion.

September - I almost never write about politics, but I'm going to make an exception.

October - There are a lot of things to be depressed about right now.

November - In your own blog, are you more likely to discuss personal relationships, religion or politics?

December - For a number of reasons, work is exceptionally mind-numbing and depressing right now, so I was really happy to find something creative to do to free up my mind a bit.

No comments: