Monday, December 07, 2009

overheard at Christmas tree lot...

I was at Home Depot looking for a Christmas tree this past weekend when two women around my age selected what appeared to be a beauty; however, when the tree guy stood it up and shook it out, there was a big hole in the back.

"Oh, there's a hole there!" one woman exclaimed, sounding dismayed.

The tree guy, an older man who looked as though he'd heard everything, wasn't fazed.

"Yes, that's how God made this beautiful tree, with a hole in the back", he said quietly.

Well, what do you say to that?

The women bought the tree.

4 comments:

Theresa Williams said...

Oh wow, that's so beautiful. My writing-self wants to steal it.

Melissa said...

I love that man! I bet he still looks at his wife the same way he did when he married her. Blessings on him!

Wiggle's mom said...

After years of buying trees in lots and on farms, I realize that almost all trees do, in fact, have "full foliage" issues. However, I wonder if those women leave themselves and their men as god made them too, or if like most of us, they look for a little help to cover the "holes."

Erin Berger Guendelsberger said...

Simply beautiful.