Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010!

I'm ready for a new year, and a new decade.

This is the first time in several years that I haven't finished the old year with a Bach Society concert and begun the new year with a champagne cocktail while watching Fred and Ginger, but this year I had a much better offer: I'd agreed to watch Wiggle while Ali and Chris went to Christo and Stephanie's New Year's Eve party. Although he'd awakened and fussed a little before they left, walking the floor in front of the Christmas tree had worked it's magic on eleven month old Wiggle who had fallen asleep on my shoulder (heaven!) within ten minutes of Ali and Chris leaving. We were snuggled cozily on one of the couches in front of the Christmas tree, and I was congratulating myself, thinking this was going to be a wonderful evening, when Wiggle suddenly awoke and began throwing up rather violently, all over both of us. I got off the couch and hurried him into my bathroom, where I managed to give him a bath and to clean myself up a bit. I got him into a clean diaper and wrapped him up in a towel and was thinking the worst had passed and he'd fall back asleep...but then his stomach continued to rumble ominously, so I called Alex and Chris, who'd barely had time to say hello to anyone. They returned home and of course the boyo rallied, smiling and babbling away as if nothing had happened. They're now all upstairs asleep, and hopefully he'll feel better tomorrow. In the meantime, my own stomach is a little rocky...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you been following the inclined therapy threads on thisisms forum? http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-6755-days0-orderasc-0.html http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-8535-225.html

pam said...

Hope you are both feeling fine now! And...I am *totally* ready for a new decade. This one ended fine (with a grandchild and one on the way), but the first part of it was way rough.

Jan said...

Happy New Year!