Sunday, January 20, 2013

Say What?!?!?!?

My game room is a mess. It's strewn with endless piles of paper: mostly receipts I've printed out for bills I've paid online. Several years ago, when I was still doing most things via snail mail, I began filing all my bills in binders. At the time, I thought it was a great way to stay organized, and perhaps, for a while, it was, but now the binders are out of control, and I need a new system. At work, where I do case management, we went paperless a couple of years ago. That was hard for me at first, because I loved the comfort of being able to pull out a file and look at my notes, but I wasn't given a choice, so I made the plunge. Now I love being paperless at work, and I realized, as I surveyed the mess of papers strewn about my game room, that this is also what I need to do at home.

So I texted Kath: 

"What's a good scanner organizer for receipts etc?"

A little while later I received this response:

"I don't know. Did you ask Alex?"

I usually ask Kath or Mike techie questions of this nature, and Kath knows it, so I thought that was sort of an odd reply, but I responded:

"No but I will"

I then received this reply back:
 

"I wanted the red bean garbanzo thing for several weeks now"

Huh?

I replied

"??????"

To which Kath responded,

"The winter soup you make. It had red beans and garbanzo beans I think. I know I hated the garbanzo beans when I was a kid, but now I realize what they do for the whole thing and I've been craving that soup."

What the???? Then I figured it out, began to smile, and texted her back:


"I'm talking about a MACHINE like you got dad, for RECEIPTS, not RECIPES!"

There was a pause of a couple minutes before she replied:

"Ahhhhhhh...NEAT RECEIPTS! Hahahahahahahahahaha!"

1 comment:

Australian Business Toll Free Number said...

Having a stable binternet server provider that will sustain your needs for browsing and researching is a great investment you need to make in the growing internet age.