Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

NY Eve

It's a little after midnight and I'm about to curl up on the couch in the gameroom to watch Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire movies into the wee hours of the morning. Earlier this evening, Anthony, Mike, Brooke & I attended a Bach Society concert, as is my habit on New Year's Eve. Then we came back to my house where Brooke and Mike changed into more comfortable clothes and left to attend Chris & Stephanie's party. Anthony opened a bottle of champagne, I put out some cheese and crackers and Kath came by with a friend and the four of us had champagne together to greet 2009, after which Anthony, Kath & her friend left; I changed into more comfortable clothes myself, and now I am, quite happily, Home Alone. I love champagne and I love New Year's Eve and this year, for the first time in a long time, I've made some resolutions, one of which is to post more...

OK, Fred & Ginger are beckoning so I'm signing off for now. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy New Year, my dear sweet friend. I love how you celebrate the New Year, champagne and old movies, doesn't get any better than that. I owe you a letter and after I recoup from my double shift tomorrow night I'll get it to you.

Love,
Melissa

sunflowerkat said...

That sounds like a perfect way to welcome a new year. All my best wishes to you for 2009.

Chris said...

Happy New Year. You did better than me. I fell asleep before midnight last night and missed the ball drop. I'm guessing that at 12:00:01 that the economy didn't turn around, Israel didn't stop attacking the Gaza strip, and extremists didn't revoke terrorism, so I didn't miss much:)