Thursday, April 09, 2009

going Commando?


















photo from Google Images

Men's Underwear Sales Reveal Economic Shrinkage
This is the lead story on The Huffington Post right now (I am not making this up!). It seems that there's a correlation between sales of men's underwear and the state of the economy, with any dip in the sales of men's underwear signalling a downward turn in the economy. This is apparently an Alan Greenspan metric, and if you believe it, then I guess it's bad news that the leading global research company, Mintel, projects a 2.3 percent drop in sales of all men's underwear products in 2009...

8 comments:

cw2smom said...

Ohhh my, my! Such a visually appealling graphic you've used in this post! Wow! Now...what was that post about anyway? LOL, Lisa

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa. I liked your Habitat post so much on "Women" that I decided to subcribe to your personal blog, but hadn't actually read any of it until now.

Hmm. I do believe this picture captures his candid soul :-).

My last bf never wore underwear; the current one,I don't know yet ;-0.
~Mary

Lisa :-] said...

Mmmmm! Quite the Eye Candy...!

Maybe jobless men don't buy new underwear? Ew...

Tammy Brierly said...

I can't take my eye's off the pic to read. Nice!

Chris said...

Dang it, did Alexis send you that picture of me? I told her that was private! ha ha ha

I will support the economy and go buy some briefs that support me! ;)

Cynthia said...

Is it horrible that the first thing I thought was that during bad economic times, while the sales of men's underwear goes down, traditionally the sale of lipstick goes up? I think I'd best leave that little tangent alone.

Harry Finch said...

Let's not be wasting precious cash on an article of clothing nobody is going to see.

Robert said...

Who says nobody's going to see your underwear! going "commando" is one thing. Wearing a sexy pair of underwear goes a lot longer!!!