Tuesday, April 07, 2009

LOLA


















photo from Lola's website

Tonight I took A out for dinner to celebrate his birthday at my favorite restaurant, LOLA.

We each had a glass of glass of white and a glass of red with our dinner, which for A consisted of:

Peeky toe crab with avocado, grapefruit and watercress
Egg yolk ravioli with 72 hour short rib, spinach and toasted breadcrumbs
Lemon sole on a bed of potato puree, sautéed baby spinach and a chive beurre blanc
Riz au Lait, with caramel and almond brittle
Coffee

and for me:

Scottish salmon tartare with cucumbers, gaufrette, capers, dill and sour cream
Two perfectly broiled sea scallops with cauliflower, brown butter and parsley
Duck breast, medium rare, with sweet potato puree, grapefruit, endive, and a burnt honey sauce
Apple croustade made with green apples and topped with whipped cream
Coffee with cream and sugar

All I can say is, I need to start doing this more often.

1 comment:

Tammy Brierly said...

I want to go! Whining but salivating. :)