For these 100 things, put things you’ve done in bold, things you’d like to do in italics, and
cross out things you wouldn’t want to do. What’s left are things you don’t have feelings about one way or the other.
bold = done it
italics = want to
strike = don't want to
Plus comments, of course
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars – a number of times; all of them wonderful.
Played in a band – No, but I’d love to play in an orchestra, not that I can play anything besides the radio.
5. Watched a meteor shower – I’ve had the pleasure of watching many, and hope to have the pleasure of watching many more before I’m through.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyworld in
8. Climbed a mountain – I’d like to trek
9. Held a praying mantis – what can I say? I’m a total science nerd.
10. Sang a solo – In elementary school, a couple of times. Which, considering my singing voice, is pretty damned frightening.
Bungee jumped. – I hate stuff like this.
13. Watched a lightning storm – many times. I love storms.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – calligraphy…does that count?
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning – I think so, more than once. Not an experience I’d like to repeat.
17. Walked to the top of The Statue of
18. Grown your own vegetables – not much of a crop, but yes, I’ve done this with container tomatoes, etc.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in
20. Slept on an overnight train – many times. The trick is to get a compartment that goes across the car, not one that runs the length of the car. You’ll sleep better.
21. Had a pillow fight - If there’s anyone who can answer, "no" to this question, I pity you (I stole that comment from Paul, with whom I totally agree).
22. Hitch hiked – no, but when I was young and naïve I accepted rides from strangers a couple of times. I was very, very lucky that they were decent people.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – I call those Mental Health days.
24. Built a snow fort – Hey! I grew up in
25. Held a lamb – I’ve bottle fed baby lambs, but not since childhood. Oh, to feel them tugging on the bottle…that’s a nice feeling.
26. Gone skinny dipping - Yeah, but not since I had my pool taken out. I used to always go for a skinny dip, late at night, in places I stayed. I’m pretty adventuresome that way.
27. Run a – there was a time that I wanted to do this. But no more.
28. Ridden in a gondola in
29. Seen a total eclipse – more than once, using the recommended indirect viewing technique, of course.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – many times. I love both.
Hit a home run – baseball bores me.
Been on a cruise – judging from the comments of people I’ve met who go on cruises, I’m pretty sure I’d be ready to jump ship in about 5 minutes.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – I would LOVE to go to
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language – I wish.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Hmmmmm, how much would that be? We have so much here in
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Nope, I’ve never been to
39. Gone rock climbing – Only indoor rock climbing, but more than once and I enjoyed it.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – I’d love to see this.
41. Sung karaoke – yeah, at a party, and it’s NOT MY THING.
42. Seen the Old Faithful geyser erupt – I’ve never been to
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – this doesn’t appeal to me for many reasons.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – oh, yeah. J
Been transported in an ambulance – thank goodness, no.
Had your portrait painted – I would have liked to have my children’s portraits painted when they were young.
Gone deep sea fishing – I’m not sure why, but this holds no appeal for me.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – another thing I’d love to see.
50. Been to the top of the
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – I learned scuba in the Hull House pool in
52. Kissed in the rain – oh yeah, many times, and one of those was on top of
53. Played in the mud – many times.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre – in my misspent youth.
55. Been in a movie – no, but I’ve visited a movie set between shoots, which was very interesting. This was in
56. Visited the
Started a business - - I admire people who do this, but it’s not my thing.
Taken a martial arts class – nah, not me. I’d like to take a Tai Chi class, though.
60. Served at a soup kitchen – well, I’ve distributed Meals on Wheels.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – yeah, and hated every minute of it!
62. Gone whale watching – sign me up!
63. Got flowers for no reason – many times, from myself to myself.
64. Donated blood – a few times, but I have very low BP so I don’t do it anymore. The blood coagulates and isn’t usable, according to the blood banks.
Gone sky diving – I don’t even like roller coasters.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration camp – I’m not sure why I feel I should do this, but given the opportunity, I would.
67. Bounced a check – yes, and paid the overdraft fees to make it good.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – for years I had the button eyes of my teddy bear, but they are now long gone.
70. Visited the
71. Eaten caviar – mostly the cheap stuff, which I once consumed regularly.
72. Pieced a quilt – I doubt I’ll ever get around to doing this, but I think I’d enjoy it.
73. Stood in
74. Toured the
Been fired from a job – knock on wood!
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in
77. Broken a bone – major skull fracture that almost killed me when I was 6 (I know, I know, it explains a lot); and broke a toe when I was in my 20’s.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – yeah, as a passenger, but not since my misspent youth.
79. Seen the
80. Published a book – no, but I’ve co-authored a chapter in a medical school textbook, ta dah! How cool is that? (The science nerd thing rears its ugly head again).
81. Visited the
82. Bought a brand new car – I feel guilty admitting just what a kick this is!
83. Walked in
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – a number of times, but not since I was young.
85. Read the entire Bible – I’ve never read the entire bible.
86. Visited the White House – now more than ever I’d like to do this. I’ve driven past, but never been inside.
Killed and prepared an animal for eating – not even a lobster!
88. Had chickenpox – when I was 2.
89. Saved someone’s life – I volunteered on a suicide/crisis hotline for a couple of years and talked to my share of callers. I hope I made a difference, but I’d never assume I did.
90. Sat on a jury – many times, and I’m scheduled again in March.
91. Met someone famous – I’ve met my share.
92. Joined a book club – not for a long time, but yes, I’ve done this.
93. Lost a loved one – you can’t live to be my age (59) without having had this experience.
94. Had a baby – had FOUR!
95. Seen the
96. Swam in the
97. Been involved in a law suit – Other than my divorce, which I’m not counting as a lawsuit, no.
98. Owned a mobile phone – Now I can’t imagine being without one!
99. Been stung by a bee – a few times in my life. And I’ve been bitten by fire ants too, and that’s worse, at least it is for me.
100. Read an entire book in one day – Oh yeah. Many times. This is a very great pleasure.