It's time for Patrick's Saturday Six again. The topic this Saturday is HAPPINESS. If you want to play too, click HERE.
1. You wake up and discover that it’s a rainy, dreary day out. Does this affect your attitude at all or do you tend to stay happy no matter what the weather is doing?
I'm generally happy no matter what the weather is doing. And for what it's worth, I LOVE rainy, dreary days!
2. What would you rather receive from a good friend: a specially-chosen gift or a quiet evening just spent together? No contest, a quiet evening just spent together.
3. Do you tend to be happiest in a crowd of close friends, with one or two close friends, or alone? Hmmm, this is hard to answer. I usually have a great time when I'm with a "crowd" of close friends (i.e., maybe 4 of us altogether), but on the other hand, I'm quite happy to meet or talk on the phone with just one friend for coffee or a glass of wine, and to further complicate things, I'm quite happy to be alone, too. So I don't know how to answer this.
4. If money were no object, would you remain in your current career? No way. If money were no object I'd retire, travel, and do regular volunteer work again.
5. Take the quiz: What Kind of Happy Are You?
You Are Affectionate
Your life is full of love and friendship - and you always have more to give.
You have an open heart. You are willing to take that leap and put your faith in people.
You see the good in everyone and everything. You are a very sympathetic person.
The people you love make you very happy. You feel warmly toward those around you.
I'd say that's pretty accurate; I am affectionate.
6. What single part of your life are you happiest with at the moment? My immediate family. I absolutely adore my kids, their spouses, and my 2 grandsons.