Sunday, November 13, 2005

Survey like none other

This is making the rounds in J-Land, so I thought I’d play too:

1. What sign are you? Virgo, of course...could there be any doubt? All my spices are in alphabetical order, for heaven’s sake!

My kitchen spices and inside a cupboard door

2. What's your favorite color? Overall, I’d say blue, but I also love the drab colors...browns and greys and greens.

3. How many waffles could you eat in one sitting? Two is about my limit on waffles.

4. Can you touch your tounge to your nose? Yes I can, and I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue, too.

5. If you had to choose between cats and dogs, which would it be? Cats...and here's my Mia, who wouldn't hesitate to go for my jugular while I'm sleeping if I said otherwise.

6. What's something you've learned recently? I learned how to make fire by rubbing sticks together (by first constructing a bow drill), in a desert survival skills course that I took with Chris.

7. What's your favorite quote? One of my favorite quotes, which I first read when I was 17, is from LaRochfoucauld: Only the truly firm are truly gentle; in the rest, it is only weakness, which is readily converted into harshness.

8. What's your favorite entry in your own journal? I like my Lady of Shalott, or Why I Blog entry.

9. What color is your bedroom? Off-white.

10. Where is your favorite place to visit? Savannah, and I like to stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

11. What is one thing you want to accomplish this year? I’d love to find a job.

12. Why do you write in a journal? I’m attempting to re-acquire a little self-discipline.

13. What's your favorite joke? I love anything that makes me or someone else laugh, but I can’t remember jokes, and I hate questions like that.

14. Do you like the city or the country? It depends on whether I’m in the mood to hike or to experience some culture.

15. What style is your house decorated? Early Pottery Barn.

16. Who's your favorite artist? Matisse...he knocks my socks off every time.

17. Can you pat your tummy and rub your head at the same time? Yep.

18. Are you a nightowl? Yep.

19. What's something you love in your house? (If you have a picture you get extra credit!) Here you are: this is in my bedroom; it’s a lithograph by Yvonne Thomas, and I love it.

20. Do you believe in God? I’m a cheerful agnostic.

21. What hobby could you never give up? Photography, so long as I have my eyes.

22. What color makes you think of Hope? Dove grey.

23. What color makes you think of Love? Blood red...oh my luves like a red red rose...(Burns)

24. What's your favorite flower? Any of a zillion orchids...and they last forever! Here's a pic I took of one that was blooming in my kitchen recently:

25. If you had one wish for the world, what would it be? That we could live in peace.

26. Whats the best surprise you have ever recieved? Learning that I was pregnant with Mike and Chris.

27. What can you cook like no-one else? I make a pastasalad with spinach pesto that my kids love, and I make a pretty palatable apple pie, too.

28. What do you think about most? My kids.

29. Who is your favorite poet? Yeats.

30. And last but not least, if you could wrap yourself up in one word...what would that word be? Happy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool answers ;o)

Anonymous said...

Well, I took the quiz and while I got all-around smart, too, I got 20% + 0% (or vice versa; I forget). So what does THAT mean?

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!
Yeats, huh? Good choice!

V

Anonymous said...

The cherry stem thing is too easy. I shall rise above the temptation, and focus upon Tennyson and Yeats.

Um...a square knot or a bowline?

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics...and the answeres...cMp

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat.

Anonymous said...

Happy. I like that word. There's lots of good information in this latest survey. "Lady of Shalott, or Why I Blog" is also one of my favorite entries in your journal but it's sharing the spot with your recent entry about magazines. The picture of Mia is adorable! I also appreciate Matisse. Do you prefer a particular period, style, genre, or material over his others?

Judith