Saturday, December 29, 2007

2007 - My Year in Review...

This is a great way to review your year. I got the idea from Sue (Inner Dorothy - check her out), whom I linked to from Wyld (VERY interesting blog, check him out too). These are the first sentences of the first post I did for each month in 2007. Reading them, it’s pretty obvious the theme this year (thoroughly unintended) was remodeling and work...here’s to having a little more interesting life in 2008!

January: Here's what it looked like after I stripped the wallpaper but before I did anything else, in the master bathroom of my house...pretty grim.
February: So the deal was, I accepted this contract gig in Fort Worth, a little over an hour’s drive away, because the money was good and it was work I could do without taking it home with me at night, psychologically, I mean.
March: it's officially mine...(a reference to a painting I bought on ebay)
April: I'm sitting here thinking that the title of my previous post (money - that's what I want) does so not apply, right now.
May: Today, having volunteered to participate in a meme that's making the rounds, I’ve agreed to answer 5 questions asked by one of my favorite bloggers, Chris, of Inane Thoughts and Insane Ramblings.
June: I am SO not a morning person, and evidence of that is that it’s after midnight and I have to be up at 5:30 and rather than sleeping, I’m at my computer keyboard, typing away...
July: Today being the 4th of July, but a rainy, overcast, 4th of July, I simply slept in until about 9:30.
August: Soooooooooo...I’m busy at work, busy at home, including shopping for a new mortgage, which is hardly my idea of fun...
September: I'm painting my bedroom, a nice rich sort of ginger brown, a variation on the theme of the rest of the downstairs in my house.
October: So I have jury duty tomorrow morning (hmmmmm, make that THIS morning), and what with not having to drive to Fort Worth plus having already logged 23½ hours at work on Monday and Tuesday of this week, I feel as if I’m going on vacation.
November: I love Halloween.
December: I cleaned my kitchen and most of the downstairs as I waited for the Time-Warner rep to show up to repair the cable line.

8 comments:

Lisa :-] said...

Hey...this is a cool idea. I'm going to do this, too.

One thing we have to say for you--you got plenty accomplished during the year.

Have a happy, prosperous 2008!

Chris said...

Hmmmm I might just have to steal this one too;)

Anonymous said...

Arrived here quite by accident but, of course, had to read your year in review. I find it interesting that you have such a steady parade of service personnel coming to your home. Do you have a thing for guys with their names embroidered over their shirt pockets? Not that that would be a bad thing, just curious.
Happy New Year
dreamersdo97@dtccom.net

emmapeelDallas said...

Lisa and Chris, I look forward to reading your year in review! Anonymous - no, I prefer not to have guys with their names embroidered on their shirts coming to my house (with the exception of my son, Chris, who is a locksmith), however, that said...for reasons I won't go into here I am finally finishing up things that in a better world would have been done a long time ago...

Jan said...

That was fun. I'll try to do this, but I only started blogging in May! We'll see how that goes. . . .

Diane M. Roth said...

what a great idea!

Diane M. Roth said...

might do this myself...

Unknown said...

Yours works wonderfully. Have a good New Year.