Sunday, December 09, 2007

What I Did Today - Sunday, December 9, 2007

1. I was sick...it being Sunday, I slept in today, having worked until quite late last night cutting tiles in preparation for tiling the guest bathroom. Still, I was surprised at how late it was when I looked at the clock this morning. Left to my own devices, I don’t usually sleep beyond 9:30, but this morning I did. In the kitchen I decided to fix myself a cappuccino. The smell of the coffee put me off a bit, but I persevered and toasted a slice of sourdough bread, and consumed both...which turned out to be a big mistake.

I spent the next couple of hours being violently sick to my stomach; the kind of sick where you just curl up on the cool tile floor in the bathroom between bouts. Eventually, I felt somewhat better, and crawled into bed, where in spite of a load of blankets I couldn’t seem to get warm. Then I remembered I own a heating pad, and that solved that problem...and I promptly slept the entire afternoon away.

This evening, my stomach is still rocky, but I’m sipping coke, and feeling grateful for hot water, and indoor plumbing, and automatic washers and dryers, among other things...

4 comments:

Fran said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon!

Fran

Chris said...

Feel better soon....

I thought you were going to tile the bathroom.....not PAINT it;)

Lisa :-] said...

The sick part doesn't sound so great... Hope you're feeling better =...

Tammy Brierly said...

No wonder your sick with all you take on girl. You need a road trip again. lol Feel better.

HUGS