Saturday, January 10, 2009

Patrick's Saturday Six #248 - Travel




1. Which of the following methods of travel do you most prefer: plane, train or automobile? There was a time I'd have said plane, because it's fastest. However, I don't appreciate being treated as if I'm an enemy of my country, so although I still usually fly to save time, it's no longer a pleasure. Given my druthers, if I have the time these days I'm all about road trips.

2. What is the furthest distance you have traveled by each method listed above? Well, I've flown to Greece...that's certainly my furthest flight. The longest drive I've made on any one trip is probably Texas to Minnesota, which is about a thousand miles.

3. When flying, do you prefer to fly during the daytime or during the night? Although I'm not a morning person, I like to leave at the crack of dawn to get the flying over and done with.

4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Travel Personality?



Your Travel Personality Is: The Adventurer



For you, travel is how you learn about the world. And you like to learn the stuff that's not in guidebooks.

You truly have wanderlust. When you're not traveling, you're dreaming about where you'll go next.

And your travels are truly legendary - they leave you with stories you'll be telling for the rest of your life!

5. If you had the chance to take a one-year vacation and spend that time traveling anywhere in the country you wanted by motor home, would you do it, and if so, where would you most likely wind up? I would do it in a New York minute! But first I'd sit down and figure out an itinerary for what I want to see, and what I'd like to see is endless. I'd probably end up in Big Bend, because I love the stark beauty of it, and it's a good way to ease back into Texas.

6. Do you have any superstitions or rituals you rely on before or during a big trip? I'm not particularly superstitious, so no, but I do believe in having fun, e.g., I once told a friend the only way I'd do a road trip through rural Louisiana with him was if he'd agree to wear wife beaters and slick back his hair and call himself Dwyane...

;p


No comments: