Saturday, January 31, 2009

Patrick's Saturday Six #251 - Relationships






Patrick's Saturday Six this Saturday is all about relationships. If you want to play too, click HERE.

1. What is more important to you: your relationship with yourself or your relationship with those who are close to you? No question: my relationship with myself. If I can't look myself in the eye when I'm brushing my teeth each morning, then I'm in no position to have any sort of relationship with anyone else until I get that straightened out.

2. Which of the above do you tend to have the least problem cultivating? Ha! Relationships with those who are close to me. Like most people, I'm much harder on myself than my friends or family would ever be.

3. Something goes wrong in your life. Of the people you are most likely to turn to, are they the same gender as you or the opposite? It could really be either. The two people I'd be most likely to run anything by these days are my friend Sherri and my younger brother Dave, both of whom are intelligent, non-judgmental, good listeners with a sense of humor.

4. Something goes wrong in a close friend’s life and you’re the person that friend chooses to call first. Is that person likely to be the same gender as you or the opposite? Probably the same gender, as I have more female friends than male friends.

5. Take the quiz: What Makes You a Good Friend?


You Are a Good Friend Because You're Accepting


No matter what a friend says or does, you try your best to understand it.

And your friends feel like they can tell you anything. You don't judge.

You know that friendship is a journey - with a lot of ups and downs.

If you and a friend grow apart, you get over it quickly... and leave the potential for future friendship open.

You tend to have many friends from many walks of life. Anyone you meet could become a friend.

In fact, you are especially interested in people who are a little different than you. Seeing life from another perspective is something you cherish.

Your friends need you most when: They can't turn to anyone else with their secrets

You really can't be friends with: Dogmatic, stubborn people

Your friendship quote: "Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes."



6. What single trait listed in the response to question #5 would your closest friend most agree with? You tend to have many friends from many walks of life. Anyone you meet could become a friend.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

We got the same quiz results again.