Here’s another set of questions from Patrick to help you get your Saturday off to a good start! If you want to play too, click HERE.
1. What commonly-used word in speech annoys you the most? When did you hear it last used? "Proactive", as in "We need to get proactive about this" always really chaps my hide. I think I last heard it (I try to shut it out) in some smarmy video relating to goals for 2009 performance reviews at work last week.
2. Which commonly-used word annoys you the most when you hear it mispronounced? What’s the most common mispronunciation you hear for this word? Nuclear (NU-KU-LURE) which was mispronounced ad nauseum by Sarah Palin while she campaigned, and of course by our outgoing fearless leader. But since it's coming up...FEB-YOU-AIR-EEE is a close second.
3. Which word(s) do you wish people would use more often? Hmmm, it's a phrase that actually comes to mind: "You deserve a raise!" :)
4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Word?
|Your Word is "Fearless"|
You see life as your one chance to experience everything, and you just go for it!
You believe the biggest risk is being afraid and missing out on something amazing.
Sometimes your fearlessness means you're daring. You enjoy risky activities.
And sometimes your fearlessness means you're courageous. You're brave enough to do the right thing, even when it's scary.
5. Which internet expression or abbreviation do you use most often?
Probably, ttyl (talk to you later).
6. Which internet expression or abbreviation would you most like to see disappear forever?LOL, which is endlessly overused.